- My favourite fishing spot is Boiler Point because there is no seaweed to get stuck in but there are lots of good places to fish in Dunedin.
- Look in the rocks for little mussels to use as bait. There are heaps there and the fish like them because they can’t break open the shells by themselves.
- Get an adult to put the bait on the hooks. I’ll do it myself when I’m 12.
- Don’t forget snacks. We take a bag of mini chocolate fish just in case we don’t catch any real ones.
- Stay back from the edge so you don’t fall in. My dad says there aren’t any sharks but I don’t believe him because one took my hook last time we went.