The winning cheese roll recipe
Don’t know what a cheese roll is? For those of you who haven’t tried Cheese Rolls and don’t know what they are here’s the winning cheese roll recipe. This recipe by Joy Jones was judged best out of 81 entries at the New Zealand International Science Festival.
- 500g grated cheese (Mainland Mild Blend or Mild Cheddar)
- 1 tin Nestle Carnation evaporated milk
- 1 pkt Maggi onion soup mix
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp mustard powder1 cup cream
1. Heat in microwave for six minutes, stirring in between time.
2. Cool, spread lengthways on to long-cut white bread from Marlow’s Bakery, South Dunedin.
3. Roll into cheese rolls using three folds.