All international students must have a valid Student Visa to study in New Zealand; these must be applied for before travelling to New Zealand. Visas are issued by New Zealand Immigration. New Zealand Immigration has information on the different Student Visas that a student can study on, how to apply for a Student Visa, and resources to assist students entering New Zealand.
All high schools and the University of Otago and the Otago Polytechnic have detailed Student Visa information.
For most Visas, international students will need to provide:
- An offer of place from their Dunedin education institution. Also known as an acceptance or enrolment letter, this document informs New Zealand Immigration the student has been accepted for study.
- A receipt of payment for course fees.
- Proof of enough money for living costs while living and studying in Dunedin.
- Proof of a return airline ticket back home – or the money to buy one.
- If under 18, the Dunedin education institution will need to provide a letter saying that suitable accommodation is available.
Allow plenty of time to complete, and talk to the International Student Advisors in your place of study.Adding Add to Information File Remove from Information File