Dunedin provides an ideal canvas for filmmakers, with beautiful landscapes and heritage buildings bathed in cool, clear light. From wild beaches to evocative architecture, the region offers an array of locations.
These intrinsic features are underpinned by a strong creative sector, with quality designers, animators and game developers operating within established global networks.
Movies featuring scenes shot locally include:
- Light Between Oceans
Along with local productions such as:
- Out of the Blue
- I Survived a Zombie Holocaust
How we can support your project
Enterprise Dunedin can help you:
- find film locations
- work with relevant council departments
- find local technical support.
Film permits and location fees
To film in Dunedin you need a film permit, and you may need to pay a location fee.
Information and resources
- Film Otago Southland - www.filmqueenstown.com
- Regional Film Office NZ - www.edanz.org.nz
- NZ Film Commission - www.nzfilm.co.nz
For further information, contact: